Environmental Mission Statement
Essex Experience is committed to protecting the environment, the health and safety of our employees, and the
community in which we conduct our business. We are driven to seek improvements throughout our business
operations to lessen our impact on the local and global environment by conserving energy, water, and other
natural resources; reducing waste generation; recycling and purchasing recycled products; and reducing our
use of toxic materials. Additionally, we focus our environmental efforts on pollution prevention, continual
improvement and meeting or exceeding all environmental regulatory requirements.
Essex Experience is showing our strong commitment to the future of Vermont and Essex Experience with the installation of solar panels on two of our buildings in order to generate natural energy. Essex Cinemas and building two are powered by the panels. By 2019, we will be the only lifestyle center in the state to be fully powered by solar. Learn more about our solar endeavor.
We received our designation as an Environmental Partner on January 6, 2009 with the help of the Vermont Small Business Development Center and the Vermont Dept. of Environmental Conservation. We will post our progress and accomplishment on this web page. For more information about the Vermont Business Environmental Partnership program please visit http://www.vbep.org/.
Car Charging Station
We offer an EV (electical vehicle) charging station to conveniently charge your vehicle while taking full advantage of our shopping, dining and entertainment experiences. The station is located near Hannaford.
1. Installation of 885 340-watt solar panels to Essex Cinemas and building two in June 2018.
2. Use of 30% post-consumer recycled paper in all of our copy machines in EuroWest Properties management office.
3. Focus on recycling all of the cardboard, paper and assorted recyclables that come into the center by providing recycling location behind each building.
4. Use of energy efficient Super T-8 Fluorescent fixtures with electronic ballasts.
5. Use of Compact Fluorescent bulbs. We are working towards changing all incandescent light bulbs in common areas to Compact Fluorescent bulbs.
6. Use of digital, programmable set back thermostats.
7. Replacement two gas furnaces that were 60% efficient with two that are 95% efficient located in building two.
8. Lighting system upgrades with Efficiency Vermont is now complete. This project involved HammerFit, EuroWest offices, common areas, parking lot lighting and exterior lighting.
9. We have officially received our certification but still need to improve our facility for the future. We are committed to being a proactive Vermont Business Environmental Partner.
If you have questions please feel free to contact the office at 802-878-4200.